7-day Costa Rica Ocean Wildlife Volunteer Expedition
Monitor sea turtles, dolphins & whales
EcoTeach has partnered with SEE Turtles to offer the Costa Rica Ocean Wildlife Expedition. Experience the amazing biodiversity of Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula on our Wildlife Research Volunteer Trip. On this trip, you’ll work with biologists and project staff on an in-water turtle monitoring program in the Golfo Dulce, visit a sea turtle rescue center, participate in coastline and mangrove clean-up and reforestation. Explore another part of the Golfo Dulce in search of humpback whales, bottlenose dolphins and possibly whale sharks. Before leaving Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast, have a chance to visit Manuel Antonio National Park and spot monkeys, sloths, lizards and more!
SEE Turtles is a non-profit organization with a mission to protect endangered turtles throughout Latin America and the world by supporting community-based conservation efforts through conservation travel, education, and fundraising through our Billion Baby Turtles program.
Check out all the trip details and register for the Costa Rica Ocean Wildlife Expedition!
- Volunteer with local biologists and help monitor sea turtles, whales and dolphins on Costa Rica’s pristine Osa Peninsula.
- Work side by side with biologists and project staff on turtle monitoring and mangrove reforestation on the Golfo Dulce.
- Accompany project staff in research boats and assist in the monitoring of green and hawksbill turtles by measuring and tagging turtles before releasing them back into the ocean.
- Visit the on-site sea turtle rescue and rehabilitation center.
- Participate in coastline and mangrove clean-up and reforestation.
- Go out in boats in search of humpback whales, bottlenose and spinner dolphins and possibly whale sharks! Help researchers document group size and behavior, record positions and collect information on water temperature.
- Tour Manuel Antonio National Park
- Trip Length:
7 day / 6 night
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2016 Program Fee:
from $1675 land/person (Trip price based on number of participants)
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals and activity & entrance fees.