Leatherback turtle volunteer vacation with SEE Turtles
EcoTeach has partnered with SEE Turtles to offer the Costa Rica Leatherback Sea Turtle Trip to Costa Rica. Help save an endangered species dating back 110 million years. Spend four nights patrolling beaches for nesting sea turtles at a sea turtle conservation project on Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast. Have a chance to participate in population studies, collect eggs, tag turtles and relocate eggs to a safe hatchery. During the day, you may help with beach clean-up, build hatcheries or play an impromptu game of soccer or volleyball. You’ll also visit a butterfly farm and explore the local canals by boat. SEE Turtles is a non-profit organization with a mission to protect endangered turtles throughout Latin America and the world by supporting community-based conservation efforts through conservation travel, education, and fundraising through the Billion Baby Turtles program. Check out all the details and register for the Sea Turtle Volunteer Trip!
- Travel to Costa Rica’s Caribbean Coast and volunteer at a sea turtle conservation station.
- Participate in nightly beach patrols looking for nesting sea turtles and have a chance to assist with population studies, collecting eggs, tagging turtles and relocating eggs to a safe hatchery.
- During the day, you may help with beach clean up, build hatcheries or play an impromptu game of soccer or volleyball.
- Explore the local canals by boat in search of monkeys, sloths, macaws and more!
- Visit a butterfly farm on your way back to Costa Rica’s central valley.
- Trip Length:
7 days / 6 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
May 16-22, 2021 / June 6-12, 2021
- 2021 Program Fee:
$1695 land/participant (based on minimum group size of 6)
- Program Fee Includes:
In-country transportation, meals, lodging, activities, guides, and a donation to turtle conservation.