Experience sustainability firsthand
Visit the cloud forest, and participate in community activities such as sugar cane processing , pulping fruit and artisan workshops. You’ll also spend a day working on a service project for the community. Next, travel to the Sarapiqui region and have the chance to raft, float or tube down the Sarapiqui River.
- Spend three nights in a small cloud forest community, located high in the mountains and surrounded by cloud forest.
- Participate in a variety of activities like organic farming, visiting the town creamery, sugar cane processing and artisan workshops.
- Spend a day participating in a local service work project for the community.
- Get up close with the beautiful morpho butterfly and experience butterflies in all stages of life at a local butterfly farm.
- Minimum group size is 10 (including trip leaders) and maximum group size is 24 (including trip leaders).
- Trip Length:
7 days / 6 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2019 Program Fee:
$1595 land per participant
- Program Fee Includes:
Bilingual Costa Rican Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity and entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
Trip leader travels for free (land + air) with 10 paying participants.