Experience sustainability firsthand
Visit the town of Providencia, surrounded by cloud forest and wildlife, and participate in community activities such as sugar cane processing , pulping fruit and artisan workshops. You’ll also spend a day working on a service project for the community. Next, travel to the Sarapiqui region and have the chance to raft, float or tube down the Sarapiqui River.
- Spend three nights in Providencia, a small rural community, located high in the mountains and surrounded by cloud forest.
- Participate in a variety of activities like organic farming, visiting the town creamery, sugar cane processing and artisan workshops.
- Spend a day participating in a local service work project for the community.
- Get up close with the beautiful morpho butterfly and experience butterflies in all stages of life at a local butterfly farm.
- Spend a night at Centro Neotropica located in the rainforest of the Sarapiqui region.
- Choose to raft, float or tube down the Sarapiqui River and have a chance to spot monkeys, sloths, birds and more!
- Minimum group size is 10 (including trip leaders) and maximum group size is 24 (including trip leaders).
- Trip Length:
7 days / 6 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2019 Program Fee:
$1495 land per participant
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity & entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
With 10 participants, a trip leader travels FREE (land and air).