Hands-on ecology & volunteer work
Spend several nights at a sea turtle project on the Osa Peninsula, located on the Pacific Coast, where you’ll work side by side with local researchers and assist with in-water monitoring and tagging of turtles. Your volunteer work will also include reforestation and mangrove clean up. You’ll also visit Manuel Antonio National Park, have a chance to enjoy the beautiful beaches of Playa Hermosa and go on an ocean kayaking excursion.
- Work side-by-side with scientists as they study, tag and monitor hawksbill and green sea turtles.
- Participate in reforestation and mangrove clean-up.
- Have a chance to swim in the bay and get in the water with turtles!
- Search for wildlife on an ocean kayaking excursion.
- Trip Length:
7 days / 6 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2021 Program Fee:
$1595 land per participant
- Program Fee Includes:
Bilingual Costa Rican Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity and entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
Trip leader travels for free (land + air) with 7 paying participants.