Explore Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands
On this 8-day Ecuador & Galapagos trip, experience the history and culture of Ecuador and hike, swim and snorkel around the Galapagos Islands. Tour Quito’s historic downtown, visit the Mitad del Mundo equator monument and shop in one of the largest indigenous handicraft markets in South America. Fly to Santa Cruz Island to begin your Galapagos Island adventure. Observe the Giant Galapagos Turtles, visit the renowned Darwin station and snorkel in the emerald waters of Las Grietas. Boat to San Cristobal Island and hike the lava trail to Cerro de las Tijeretas and enjoy beach time on Playa Carola. Take a day trip by boat to Kicker Rock to explore amazing bird life and marine life. End your trip back in Quito. Read the full Ecuador Galapagos trip details.
- Your journey begins in Quito at 9,350 feet, one of the highest capital cities in the world.
- Tour Quito’s historic downtown while your guides perform a theatrical history for you.
- Visit Mitad del Mundo equator monument, shop in one of South America’s largest handicraft markets and boat around Cuicocha Lake.
- Fly to Santa Cruz island to begin your Galapagos adventure. Tour the twin craters lava formation, see the Giant Galapagos Turtles and visit the renowned Darwin Station. You’ll also swim and snorkel in the emerald waters of Las Grietas and hike by Tortuga Bay – one of the Galapagos’ most beautiful beaches.
- Take a boat to San Cristobal where you’ll hike to the crater lake of El Junco and travel the lava trail to Cerro de las Tijeratas to see the breeding area of the Magnificent and Great frigate birds.
- Take a day trip by boat to Kicker Rock, home to amazing bird life and surrounded by marine life. Snorkel, swim and possibly fish as you experience this area.
- Depart San Cristobal for Quito – visit Casa del Arbol on your way.
- Trip Length:
8 days / 7 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2019 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Guides, accommodations, meals as outlined, activities, entrance fees and related tips including Galapagos, tips for guides & driver
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
1 trip leader travels free with 7 full paying participants