Hands-on work in a sustainable community
Immerse yourself in the small, sustainable community of San Carlos located in Costa Rica’s Central Mountain Range. Work side by side with local community members on painting projects, participate in the coffee making process and get your hands dirty in the vegetable gardens. You’ll also have a chance to explore the lush cloud forest and amazing biodiversity. After a few days of volunteer work, spend a night at the Sarapiqui Rainforest Lodge and zipline or raft through the rainforest.
- Spend your first night in the central valley of Costa Rica at a comfortable lodge where you will have a chance to relax and get to know your guides.
- After a traditional Costa Rican breakfast, head to the community of San Carlos – one of the highest points in the Costa Rican landscape in the Central Mountain Range. Here, you will find a lush cloud forest and astonishing array of biological diversity.
- Spend three nights in San Carlos, situated above one of the country’s hydro-electric dams. Learn about the community and participate in various community activities such as painting, coffee making and working the vegetable gardens.
- From the hills, head to the rainforest and spend a night at the Sarapiqui Rainforest Lodge. Before you depart, have a chance to raft down the Sarapiqui River or enjoy ziplining through the rainforest.
- Trip Length:
7 day / 6 night
- 2017 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Bilingual naturalist guide, private in-country transportation, accommodations (based on triple/quads), meals, activities and entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
Trip leader travels for free (including airfare) with 10 participants