Hands-on ecology & volunteer work
Spend several nights at a sea turtle project on the Osa Peninsula, located on the Pacific Coast, where you’ll work side by side with local researchers on assist with in-water monitoring and tagging of turtles. Your volunteer work will also include reforestation and mangrove clean up. From the Pacific Coast, you’ll head to the cloud forest and participate in a mask making workshop along the way. Have a chance to hike in the cloud forest and spot the resplendent quetzal before you head back to the central valley.
- Work side by side with scientists as they study, tag and monitor hawksbill and green sea turtles.
- Participate in reforestation and mangrove clean-up.
- Have a chance to swim in the bay and get in the water with turtles!
- Visit an indigenous community and participate in a mask making workshop
- Hike in the cloud forest and experience its amazing biodiversity.
- Trip Length:
7 days / 6 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2018 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity & entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
With 10 participants, a trip leader travels FREE (land and air)