Volunteer with Green Sea Turtles
EcoTeach has partnered with SEE Turtles to offer the Green Sea Turtle Volunteer trip to Costa Rica. Volunteer with endangered sea turtles on Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula, assist biologists and project staff with the monitoring of green and hawksbill turtles by boat, measure and tag turtles before releasing back into the ocean, participate in mangrove clean up and reforestation, hike in the rainforest, visit the on-site turtle rescue center and tour a chocolate farm.
SEE Turtles is a non-profit organization with a mission to protect endangered turtles throughout Latin America and the world by supporting community-based conservation efforts through conservation travel, education, and fundraising through our Billion Baby Turtles program.
- Head to Costa Rica’s remote and pristine Osa Peninsula to volunteer with sea turtles.
- Work with biologists in the Golfo Dulce on two major projects: turtle monitoring and mangrove reforestation.
- Accompany project staff in research boats and assist in the monitoring of green and hawksbill turtles by measuring and tagging before releasing back into the ocean.
- Visit the on-site sea turtle rescue center.
- Participate in coastline and mangrove clean up and reforestation.
- Hike through the rainforest and discover the vast biodiversity of the Osa Peninsula.
- Indulge your chocolate cravings during a chocolate farm tour.
Sign up for the trip date below or form a group & pick your own dates
- Trip Length:
8 days/ 7 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
July 16-23, 2017
- 2017 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals and activity & entrance fees.