Volunteer with Green Sea Turtles
EcoTeach has partnered with SEE Turtles to offer the Green Sea Turtle Volunteer trip to Costa Rica. Volunteer with endangered sea turtles on Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula, assist biologists and project staff with the monitoring of green and hawksbill turtles by boat, measure and tag turtles before releasing back into the ocean, participate in mangrove clean up and reforestation, hike in the rainforest, visit the on-site turtle rescue center and tour a chocolate farm.
SEE Turtles is a non-profit organization with a mission to protect endangered turtles throughout Latin America and the world by supporting community-based conservation efforts through conservation travel, education, and fundraising through our Billion Baby Turtles program.
- Join SEE Turtles’ president, Brad Nahill, for an opportunity to help researchers study green and hawksbill turtles in the Golfo Dulce.
- Spend 4 days on the incredible Osa Peninsula catching and releasing turtles, restoring mangroves, and more.
- Learn about the origins of chocolate and visit a farm where cacao is grown. You’ll also taste many other delicious fruits and learn how organic farming can help wildlife.
- Visit an indigenous reserve and participate in a mask making workshop.
- This trip can also be done year round as a private trip for families (8 years and up), and small groups.
- Profits from this trip will help to save at least 100 hatchlings at a turtle nesting beach per participant.
Sign up for the trip date below or form a private group & pick your own dates
- Trip Length:
8 days/ 7 nights
- Available Trip Dates:
December 8-15, 2018
- 2018 Program Fee:
From $2,195 land per participant (price based on number of participants)
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals and activity & entrance fees.