Professional Development Expedition for K-12 Educators
K-16 Educators are you ready for a life changing adventure?
Join us in the Amazon for an experience that will feed your soul, expand your professional toolkit for inquiry based science, anchor your global perspective, and change your definition of professional development. Specialized programming for elementary, middle school, high school and university level educators. PD Hours, Grad Credit, and Scholarships Available!
- Earn PD hours and Graduate Credit on this Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest.
- Learn how to incorporate resources from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Project Learning Tree, and Rainforest Alliance into your classroom instruction.
- 21st Century Instruction: 5E Lesson Design, Inquiry-Based Exploration & STEM
- Explore camouflage, mimicry, and adaptation; neotropical biodiversity; Amazon River system, geology and soils; medicinal plants; orchids & bromeliads; rainforest conservation; sustainable development, and more.
- Work side-by-side with scientists and researchers on citizen science projects and field studies on a 1/4-mile Rainforest Canopy Walkway.
- Build your field investigation skills using binoculars, hand lenses, field journals, and digital tools such as i-buttons, GPS units and probeware.
- Spend a day in an Amazon village as you explore the complexities of sustainability and the role of education in creating a sustainable future for Amazon children.
- Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and sustainability science education into your classroom.
- Participate in a full day of community service in an Amazon village.
- Extend your experience with an optional 7-day Machu Picchu extension.
- Register today!
July 1-11, 2018
- Trip Length:
11 day / 10 night
- 2018 Program Fee:
$2495 in-country costs, program fees & resources