Culture & Service
Our Ecuador Culture & Service itinerary is the perfect balance of exploration, authentic cultural exchange and community service work. It’s an amazing educational opportunity for students, teachers and families.
On this Ecuador tour, you’ll start your adventure with a tour of historic Quito, a UNESCO heritage site, and a visit to Mitad del Mundo. Next, travel to San Clemente where you’ll spend three days immersed in the daily life of your Ecuadorian host community. Experience their sustainable life as you stay with a local family and participate in various service projects. Say good-bye to your host families and travel to Otavalo to shop in South America’s largest handicraft market and hike around Cuicocha Lake.
- Your journey begins at 9,350 feet in Quito, the highest capitol city in the world.
- Tour Quito’s historic downtown, a UNESCO heritage site, with guides performing theatrical history for you along the way.
- Take the teleferico, Quito’s gondola, up the Pichincha mountain.
- Learn to salsa dance with evening salsa lessons.
- Visit “Mitad del Mundo” equator monument and interactive museum.
- Next, head south to Mindo on the western slopes of the Andes and enjoy river tubing, a tour of the chocolate making process and a visit to a butterfly farm.
- Travel to San Clemente where you will spend three nights immersed in the daily life of your Ecuadorian host community. Here, stay with a local family, participate in various service projects, visit hot springs and hike to Lake Cubilche.
- Head north to Otavalo and have a chance to explore South America’s largest handicraft market and hike around Cuicocha Lake.
- Trip Length:
9 day / 8 night
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2019 Program Fee:
$1995 land per participant
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual local guides, private in-country transportation, accommodations (based on double/triple occupancy), meals, activities and entrance fees and tips.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
Trip leader travels for free with 7 participants.