Culture & Ecology
Get to know the people and culture of Costa Rica as you spend a few nights on a small, family-run farm and participate in Costa Rican cooking classes. You’ll also visit a local elementary school, take a canopy tour and work with monkeys, sloths and more at Asis Wildlife Rescue Center. Experience the “Yellowstone” of Costa Rica and hike the trails of Rincon de la Vieja National Park, explore the colonial town of Granada, visit Coyote Hill (a former prison) and visit the artisan town of Masaya.
- Visit a local elementary school.
- Learn about rural Costa Rican life as you stay on a small, family-run farm.
- Participate in Costa Rican cooking classes.
- Fly through the air on a canopy tour.
- Kayak on Lake Arenal.
- Visit Asis Wildlife Rescue Center and work with monkeys, sloths, macaws and more!
- Explore Rincon de la Vieja National Park – Costa Rica’s “Yellowstone.”
- Take a walking tour of the town of Granada, visit an orphanage and Coyote Hill (former prison).
- Explore the artisan town of Masaya and take a night walk to Masaya Volcano.
- Trip Length:
10 day / 9 night
- Available Trip Dates:
- 2018 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity & entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
With 10 participants a trip leader travels FREE, including air.