Turtle Conservation & Tropical Forest Exploration
Patrol sea turtle nesting beaches on the Caribbean Coast, participate in a community reforestation project and have a chance to spend a night with a local farm family, explore Arenal Volcano National Park and travel to Rincon de la Vieja (Costa Rica’s Yellowstone Park) located in the northeastern part of the country. Along the way, visit Pacific beaches, raft, zip line, hike and more!
- Patrol beaches in search of nesting or hatching sea turtles.
- Explore canal waterways in the rainforest and spot a vast array of wildlife and fauna.
- Visit a butterfly farm.
- Experience the thrill of rafting down the Class II & III rapids of the Sarapiqui River.
- Learn about rural Costa Rican life first hand as you spend the night with a farm family.
- Explore an organic farm full of surprises.
- Visit Arenal Volcano National Park.
- Fly through the air on a zip line canopy tour.
- Hike the trails in the dry tropical forest of the Rincon National Park.
March through Mid-July.
- 2017 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity & entrance fees and exit taxes.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
With 10 participants a trip leader travels free (including air)