Turtle Work, Indigenous Community & Family Stays
On our Classic Costa Rica Adventure, travel to the Caribbean Coast to patrol the beaches for nesting sea turtles, spend a night or two with a local farm family, play soccer and have lunch with an indigenous community, fly through the rainforest on a zipline tour and experience flora, fauna and amazing animals of the rainforest.
- A classic Costa Rica student eco-tour that includes the perfect balance of conservation work and authentic cultural exchange.
- Patrol beaches in search of nesting or hatching sea turtles.
- Explore rainforest canal waterways & spot wildlife and fauna.
- Visit a butterfly farm.
- Raft down the Class II & III rapids of the Sarapiqui River.
- Immerse yourself in Costa Rican life as you spend the night with a family.
- Explore an organic farm full of surprises.
- Visit Arenal Volcano National Park and hike on lava beds.
- Fly through the air on a zip line canopy tour.
- Hike to a remote indigenous BriBri community.
- Trip Length:
11 day/10 night
- Available Trip Dates:
March through mid‐July (during the turtle nesting and hatching seasons)
- 2017 Program Fee:
- Program Fee Includes:
Bi-lingual Naturalist Guide, accommodations, private in-country transportation, meals, activity & entrance fees.
- Free Travel for Trip Leaders:
With 10 participants a trip leader travels FREE, including air.